Repurposed Plastic Containers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Love this idea? Be sure to Pin it or RePin it here!
Repurpose Plastic Food Containers for Snack Storage
Be sure to add any extra tips you have in the comments below! Click here to submit your great tips on ANY subject!
Buying in bulk can save you lots of cash! Unfortunately, the huge containers make it hard for little hands to pour out snacks without dumping a whole box of cereal on the floor. I reuse plastic food containers to make storage more manageable and I have fewer spills to clean up.
You will need:
- Several plastic containers, peanut butter jars, coffee creamer bottles, small coffee containers, etc.
- Wash and dry your old containers and peel the labels off.
- To peel the labels off soak each container in hot soapy water for a few minutes and it should wash right off.
- If any sticky residue remains, dry the area and apply vegetable oil. Let sit a couple of minutes and the oil will break down the glue. It should wipe right off!
- Pour your snacks in according to size.
Coffee creamer bottles are great for small things like cheerios, goldfish, and raisins because they have a small pour spout. Little fingers can easily pour these items as well!
Peanut butter jars are great for pretzel sticks; you can even leave some peanut butter in the bottom to dip your pretzels in. These are perfect for traveling with snacks because the containers won’t get crushed like a plastic baggie would.
Repurposed plastic containers are great because it’s cheap, good for the environment and a perfect storage solution.
We are always looking for great tips to share with our readers on any subject! If you have a great tip be sure to submit it here and you could be featured on our blog! We feature tips on beauty, family, DIY, cooking, shopping and more so be sure to head over and check out our previous Tips of the Day!