It can be very confusing to read a coupon match up list if you are new to couponing! Below I’ve broken down and explained parts of a coupon match up… Keep in mind, if you are looking at other blogs, they may have a slightly different style for their match ups!
Make sure you head on over and check out our Coupon Lingo to get the terminology down!
Scroll down below for a more complete description below the picture!
- Title of Product: This will always be in bold on Spend With Pennies and will normally include the price you can expect to see when you arrive at the store
- List of Possible Coupons: This is a list of the possible coupons that can be paired up with this item. You may have all or none of these coupons. Some of the coupons come from the store, the manufacturer, newspaper inserts or some can be printed online. (Below I explain how to tell where the coupon is from)
- Printable Coupon: On Spend With Pennies, a pink underlined link can usually be clicked. In a coupon match up this will generally take you to the location of a coupon that can be printed from your computer
- Coupon Insert Coupon: A coupon written in the style (RP 03/10/13) usually comes from a coupon insert. Coupon Inserts are packages or booklets of coupons usually found in the Sunday newspapers. Common inserts include Procter and Gamble (PG), Red Plum (RP) and Smart Source (SS). The numbers after the RP is the date that you would’ve found the insert in the paper. If you have these, make sure you save them for match ups!! (Refer to photo below)
- Final Price: This is the price you will pay at the register. Depending on the coupons you have available (based on your own coupons or what you can print) the price for you may vary. Don’t forget, you can usually “stack” two coupons if one is a store coupon and the other is a manufacturer coupon. (See “Stack or Stacked in coupon lingo).
If you have questions about specific words or acronyms, please refer to our Coupon Lingo list.
If you have any further question on reading coupon match ups please feel free to send them in or leave a comment below. I will add them into the post!