Bright and colorful, these cupcakes are sure to impress your guests with their sweet stripes. Although the process can take a little more time than a conventional single-color cake, it’s still quite easy, and the raves you’ll recieve are sure to make up for the bit of extra effort!
- 1 box of white cake mix , batter prepared according to directions on box
- Food coloring
- Cupcake wrappers
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- Separate your cake batter into individual bowls, one for each color you'll be using.
- Add your food coloring, several drops at a time, to each bowl of batter until your desired colors are achieved, blending well.
- Place your muffin wrappers in the muffin pans. Place half a teaspoon of white batter in the middle of each one.
- Add half a teaspoon of the next color batter onto the center of the white batter. Repeat with each color, dropping it carefully into the middle of each previous puddle of batter, until the muffin wrappers are 1/2 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)