Nutter Butter Chicks are a super easy Easter treat to make! Kids will love to help out putting these together!
I’m going to be adding these into my daughter’s lunch box!
Nutter Butter Chicks
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/2 cup Yellow Candy Melting Chips
- 3-4 Orange Starburst
- 24 Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cut Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4" x 3/4"). Cut each strip in half, creating 6 - 1/4" x 3/8" rectangles. Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for beaks.
- You are going to repeat this process on the other 2 Starbursts to create 24 triangles that you will make 2 cuts in each and separate to make toes on the feet. Set beaks and feet aside.
- Heat Yellow Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Lay cookie in melted candy and spoon mixture over cookie to coat completely.
- Carefully remove from candy so the cookie doesn't come apart, and let excess candy drip off. Lay cookie on parchment paper.
- Place mini chocolate chips for eyes and add beaks and feet. Refrigerate to set candy melts.