Nutter Butter Chicks are a super easy Easter treat to make! Kids will love to help out putting these together!
I’m going to be adding these into my daughter’s lunch box!
Nutter Butter Chicks
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/2 cup Yellow Candy Melting Chips
- 3-4 Orange Starburst
- 24 Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cut Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4" x 3/4"). Cut each strip in half, creating 6 - 1/4" x 3/8" rectangles. Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for beaks.
- You are going to repeat this process on the other 2 Starbursts to create 24 triangles that you will make 2 cuts in each and separate to make toes on the feet. Set beaks and feet aside.
- Heat Yellow Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Lay cookie in melted candy and spoon mixture over cookie to coat completely.
- Carefully remove from candy so the cookie doesn't come apart, and let excess candy drip off. Lay cookie on parchment paper.
- Place mini chocolate chips for eyes and add beaks and feet. Refrigerate to set candy melts.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)