Mediterranean Pasta Salad, out of all the pasta salads a home chef can have in their recipe box, is one of the best to wow a crowd! Cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese are mixed with rotini and drizzled with homemade Greek dressing to create this colorful and appetizing pasta salad!
How To Make Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Have this pasta salad on the table in 3 simple steps. Just cook the pasta, make the dressing and combine together with fresh crunchy veggies!
- Pasta: Cook pasta to al dente and run under cold water to stop the cooking. It’s important to not overcook the pasta so it doesn’t break apart and holds up well with the other ingredients.
- Dressing: For the dressing, whisk together or shake the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and set aside.
- Combine: Place all ingredients in a large bowl and top with dressing. Mix well to combine.
What Dressing is the Best for Pasta Salad?
Homemade of course!! But if you go “store-bought” for dressing, be sure to look for bright, tangy flavors like red wine vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Brand names aren’t as important as the ingredients, but try to look for these basics!
How Long Will Pasta Salad?
As long as the pasta was cooked al dente, Mediterranean pasta salad will last a good 5 days in the refrigerator.
The salad may need to be drained and a little extra dressing can be added to brighten the flavors. Don’t forget to add a little extra salt and pepper and crumbled feta to make it look brand new again!
Must Try Pasta Salad Recipes
- Italian Pasta Salad– Reader favorite!
- Easy Orzo Pasta Salad – fresh & flavorful!
- Caprese Pasta Salad – bright & tangy
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad – party favorite
- Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad – perfect light lunch!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup cucumbers sliced
- ¼ cup oil packed sundried tomatoes drained
- ½ cup kalamata olives or black olives
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup artichokes diced and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup store bought Greek dressing or to taste
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according al dente according to package directions. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with extra feta cheese and parsley if desired.