10+ Last Minute Gift Ideas!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Last Minute Gift Ideas!
REPIN this list to SAVE and SHARE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Leave your own great tips in the comments below!
Still got a few, hard-to-shop-for people on your list? Here are some quick, easy ideas to get your holiday schedule back on track!
1. Get a gift card: There are two different ways you can get gift cards aside from going to a store to pick them up!
- Online: Did you know you can order tons of gift cards online? You can get them quick shipped, email them or you can even print them off! You can get Amazon cards that can be emailed or even printed! AND did you know that Amazon sells TONS of different gift cards including Starbucks, Aeropostale, Applebees, Sephora and SO many more.
- With coins: Most Coinstar and other coin-to-cash machines give you the option of buying a gift card from big retail stores with your coins! You just dump your loose change into the machine, choose the retailer you would like to get a gift card from, and in a few minutes, you can walk out with a gift that gets rid of your heavy coins!
2. Buy them an app: If your hard-to-shop-for friend has a smartphone or a tablet, why not get them an app or two for Christmas? Applications can be educational for the kids, useful for adults, or fun for either. Find out if they need an Andriod App or you can grab one in iTunes.
3. Give them a movie night: Create an easy gift with a printed Redbox code, some popcorn, candy and soda in a basket! If you can find one, this is also adorable in a popcorn bucket or bowl!
4. Homemade coupons: Need a last minute gift for someone close by? Make them a coupon! You can give out coupons for a girl’s night out with your BFF, or you can hand out coupons to the kids for their favorite desserts!
5. Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix in a jar: Using items you probably already have on hand, mix up a jar of cocoa mix, top with some marshmallows and write up a cute label! My favorite recipe comes from Spoonful.
6. Build a Themed Gift Basket: You can easily tailor a gift basket to the anyone’s preferences! Perfect gift for the foodie, the bookworm, the girly-girl, the car buff or pretty much anyone! I’ve compiled a great list of themed gift basket ideas!
7. Send them some Music: There are tons of choices for great music to send along to someone! You can select the give as a gift option.
8. Home Baked Goods: Who wouldn’t love a tin or plate of your own homemade baking? Create a pretty plate of your favorites and send it along for a gift that is always well received!
9. Kindle Books: Kindle books can be read on Kindles… but you DO NOT NEED A KINDLE to read these! Did you know that you can download free apps to read Kindle books on your tablet, phone or computer? Head on over to Amazon because they have a sweet Buy One Kindle book get one 50% off deal because there is definitely something for everyone!
10. The Christmas Video: Long-distance relationships can be hard, whether it’s your parents, your cousins, siblings, or even just a long-distance friend. Send them videos over the holidays! No shipping required, and it is far more personal. Just jot down a few things you want to say to them over this festive season, and speak from the heart. It will mean so much to those you love!
11. Wine & Chocolate: Almost all drug stores and grocery stores sell bottles of wine & chocolates; grab one and wrap it for a last minute gift they’ll love (I know I would)!
12.. Streaming TV: You can gift year-long subscriptions to Red Box, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant Video and other streaming TV options. It’s a great gift for the broke college student, newlyweds, or a friend who just hasn’t tried online TV! Give the gift that keeps giving all year long!