This Tortellini Salad is packed with Mediterranean flavors and tossed in an Italian dressing.
Tender pillows of tortellini, veggies, salami, and artichokes are not only delicious but also colorful and creamy! This recipe keeps well so it can be made ahead of time for potlucks or lunches!
Why We Love This Tortellini Salad
- We love the bright colors and brighter flavors in this recipe!
- This tortellini salad is hearty enough to be the main dish for any meal.
- It’s a great make-ahead party dish or perfect for lunches all week long.
- Did we mention there are only 3 steps to make it?
PASTA Cheese or spinach tortellini is great in this recipe. Tricolor tortellini adds a pretty punch of color.
VEGGIES Crunchy veggies like onions, red & green peppers, & cherry tomatoes add colorful & healthy crunch! Add your own favorites too.
BOLD FLAVORS We love salami but you can use pastrami, prosciutto, ham, or pepperoni for a salty flavor. Artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives are other favorite additions!
CHEESE Since we use cheese filled tortellini, we only add a sprinkle of parmesan for flavor.
DRESSING Keep it quick with pre-made Italian dressing or make your own Homemade Italian Dressing.
One of the best things about tortellini salad is the ingredients can be mixed and matched for whatever you have on hand!
- Leftover veggies like broccoli or green beans
- Up the protein with leftover shredded chicken or even grilled shrimp.
- Add some olives, artichoke hearts, and sliced pepperoncini.
- Add some Roasted Tomatoes and feta cheese crumbles for a whole new twist!
How to Make Italian Tortellini Salad
- Cook & drain tortellini. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Combine with remaining ingredients according to the recipe below.
- Cover & chill before serving.
As with most pasta salad recipes, the pasta will soak up some of the dressing as it sits. Cook the pasta firm and dress it very generously. If it is underdressed, it can seem dry.
Italian tortellini salad will last 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator in a covered container. Simply stir and serve!
It’s not recommended to freeze tortellini salad.
More Summer Salads
- Mediterranean Farro Salad – so fresh and colorful
- Classic Macaroni Salad – a crowd favorite
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad – perfect make-ahead dish
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad – Five-star favorite!
Did you make this Italian Tortellini Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Italian Tortellini Salad
- 16 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 cup Italian dressing homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ¾ cup salami diced
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Cool completely by running under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)