Beautiful and Easy Centrepieces for your Holiday Table!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
My husband’s family always celebrates Christmas one week early so that we can all be with our spouses families on Christmas. I was lucky enough to host this year (which I love doing!).
With 26 people for dinner, the table gets really long… and I would need at least 3 centrepieces. I don’t know if you’ve ever bought one but WOW are they pricey!
I was looking for a frugal idea for my table but I still wanted it to be beautiful. I couldn’t have been happier with the results!
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
(Scroll down for the How To!)
This was super easy to make with just a few simple items.
- Greens… it doesn’t matter what they are cedar, pine & spruce all work great, they can be from your yard (I got some of mine at Lowe’s)
- Cranberries… one small bag goes a long way
- Candles or tea lights
- Apples or pomegranates or other decor to fit your theme (optional, mine were fake)
- Starting with the cedar, lay it across the table to make your base
- Cut the rest of the greens into small pieces and lay them on top of the cedar
- Sprinkle Cranberries on top & place pomegranates/apples throughout the greens
- Place Candles next to the greens taking care that they are not near the branches. The particular candles I purchased were a little bit taller than a regular tea light. You could also use taller pillar candles (or even no candles) if you prefer
So simple, yet it turned out beautifully! The pictures don’t do it justice!
A few things to keep in mind when choosing a centrepiece:
Height: Will your guests be able to see one another across the table?
Fragrance: Candles or strongly scented flowers can interfere with food flavors & aromas
Price: Fresh or custom centrepieces can be very pricey!
Color/Theme: What setting are you wanting to create?