You don’t need a campfire to make this super easy, super yummy recipe for S’mores Dip!
Party perfect and popular with young and old alike, S’mores dip is the fun way to enjoy this classic chocolate dessert without all leaving your kitchen!
Delicious S’mores Dip
- We love this easy version of S’mores dip because it can go from the skillet to the table in one step!
- Make it on the stove, in the microwave, or in the oven!
- Put a pan of S’mores dip on the table and surround it with a variety of dippables (see below)!
Our recipe takes the separate parts of a S’mores treat but cooks them all up in one so there’s no separate melting, assembling, or mess!
CHOCOLATE & MARSHMALLOWS are melted in a saucepan with some milk and then baked with extra marshmallows and served.
GRAHAM CRACKERS Would s’mores be s’mores without graham crackers? We don’t think so which is why they are the best thing for dipping and dunking into this delish dip!
Why not swirl in a few scoops of peanut butter or some cherry pie filling? Use white chocolate or add some caramel, the choices are endless!
How to Make S’mores Dip
It’s super easy to make hot s’mores dip!
- Heat all ingredients except 1 cup of marshmallows in a saucepan until melted (per recipe below).
- Pour into an oven-safe dish & top with remaining marshmallows, broil until melted & golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately.
PRO TIP: A cast-iron skillet will go from the stovetop to the oven to the table in a cinch!
In the Microwave: Melt chocolate chips & milk in the microwave until smooth. Add marshmallows & stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Serve immediately.
PRO TIP: Short for time? Marshmallow cream or fluff will melt faster than marshmallows. No chocolate chips? Break up a chocolate bar or two and toss in the pot!
What to Serve with S’mores Dip
Gather everyone around the S’mores dip and set out bowls of our favorite dippers or include your own!
- SWEET Graham crackers, Oreo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, or animal crackers!
- SALTY Pretzel rods, thick-style potato chips, or Ritz crackers.
- FRUIT Green apple slices, orange wedges, peach slices, or bananas.
How to Reheat S’mores Dip
Keep leftover S’mores dip in a covered container in the refrigerator and it will last for about 3 days. Add a little milk or cream, stir, and reheat in the microwave until it is bubbly before serving again.
Delicious Dessert Dips
- Fruit Dip – only 2 ingredients
- Easy Cookie Dough Dip – easy & creamy
- Caramel Apple Dip – the best potluck dish
- Dunkaroo Dip – ready in 5 minutes
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pie Dip – fluffy & flavorful
Did you love this S’mores Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Hot S'mores Dip
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups marshmallows divided
- graham crackers for serving
- Combine chocolate chips, milk and 1 ½ cups of marshmallows in a sauce pan. Heat over medium low and stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour into an oven safe dish and top with remaining marshmallows.
- Broil 1 minute or just until marshmallows are lightly toasted.
- Serve warm with graham crackers.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I was just wondering if this would work for a party dip? It would need to stay warm for a few hours.
It would work for a party dip Patty. You’d need to find a way to keep it warm if that’s your preference. Enjoy!
So very good
Good idea and it looks DELICIOUS!
Just made it yesterday night! AWESOME! Huge success!
So glad you loved it!
I’m thinking, If I added a bit more milk, would the chocolate not be as thick, then it would not break the cracker?
Jennie, I would Not use already made Chocolate syrup, its full of High fructose Corn syrup and its basically All nasty types of sugars, and additives.
You could certainly try adding more milk. I’ve only made it as in the recipe.
I used Marshmallow fluff instead of mellows and it was much looser.
I used little marshmallows and used chocolate syrup mixed with the milk and melted choc. this did not harden up like I tried it before. A lot easier and was a success!
Would this recipe work if cooked in paper muffin cups in a muffin tin?
I think it would be too sticky in paper cups.
This tasted really good, but the chocolate bit was really gooey-to the point it broke crackers and was hard to dip-imagine super long chocolate marshmallow strings… Maybe if this is served immediately while really hot it would be fine, but didn’t work too well to take to a party. Everyone loved the taste, so maybe next time I’ll leave out the marshmallow in the chocolate and add something else to keep it from setting as it cools.
Definitely worth a second try in case the error was mine.
Thank you for your feedback Pam!
Thank you for your feedback. The recipe has been retested and edited. I found that adding extra marshmallow seemed to make it a better dipping consistency!