Sweet, spicy, and finger-licking good – this hot honey wings recipe is easier to make than you think!
Crispy wings are tossed with sticky hot honey and cooked until golden. These sweet and spicy bites are perfect for game day – or any occasion that calls for chicken wings!
Homemade Honey Hot Wings!
No need for take out, are as crispy and sweet as Arby’s hot honey boneless chicken wings or the hot honey wings from Wingstop!
- These hot honey wings really easy to make.
- The sauce is made with just a few ingredients – hot honey and seasonings.
- You can bake, air fry, or deep fry these wings.
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – Use split wings for this recipe. This means that the wing tips have been removed. Boneless chicken wings are also an option.
Sauce – The sauce is made from honey that has been combined with siracha, cider vinegar, and cayenne. Just combine the ingredients and toss with the wings.
Seasonings – The wings are rubbed or tossed with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Some mustard powder can also be tossed in for added flavor.
How to Make Honey Hot Wings
- Season the wings (according to the recipe below).
- Cook the wings in the oven or Air Fryer.
- Toss with the hot honey sauce and bake until browned and sticky.
Nonstick foil or parchment paper is recommended in either the air fryer basket or to line your baking sheet.
The hot honey sauce can get sticky and is hard to clean!
How to Make Wings Crispy
- Pat the wings dry with paper towels to ensure you get crispy chicken wings.
- Don’t overcrowd the Air Fryer or baking sheet. Cook them in batches.
- Use parchment paper for easy clean up but not until the air fryer is pre-heated.
- Before serving place all the cooked wings in the Air Fryer basket and heat for 3 minutes.
What’s your favorite flavor of chicken wings? Leave us a comment below!
Honey Hot Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings flats & drumettes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup hot honey *see notes
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Dab the wings dry.
- In a large bowl, toss the wings with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes, remove the wings from the air fryer and toss them with hot honey.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or non-stick foil in the bottom of the air fryer basket. Add the sauced wings back in the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let rest a few minutes before serving (the sauce will be very hot right after cooking). Serve with additional hot honey for dipping.
Toss the wings with olive oil and place in a single layer on a foil-lined baking tray. Cook in a 425°F oven for 25 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through. Toss with hot honey and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes until golden and sticky. To make Hot Honey combine:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or hot sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.