Holly’s Cooking Challenge (the “Contest”)
Official Contest Rules
SPONSOR AND CONTEST PERIOD
- The sponsor of this Contest is SWP Media Ltd. dba Spend with Pennies, 14707 119 Ave, Edmonton, AB T5L 2N9 (the “Sponsor”). Questions, comments, or problems related to the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor only at [email protected]. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding in all respects.
- The Contest will be held monthly, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Each month in which the Contest is held, the Contest will begin on the first day of the month at 12:00:01 am Pacific Time (the “Contest Start Date”) and will end on the last day of the same month at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Contest End Date”), after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted. The period of time between a Contest Start Date and Contest End Date shall be referred to as the “Contest Period”.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, and the United States who have reached the age of majority in their province, territory or state of residence as of the date of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household.
- By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Prior to a Contest Start Date, the Sponsor will post a challenge recipe for the applicable Contest Period on the Sponsor’s Facebook and Instagram pages (the “Challenge Recipe”). The Challenge Recipe will also be emailed to the Sponsor’s email subscribers. Entrants can submit an entry to the Contest by making the Challenge Recipe and sending an email with the entrant’s first and last name and a photo of the entrant’s creation to [email protected] during the applicable Contest Period (an “Entry”). Entrants who have submitted a valid Entry can earn a bonus entry by submitting a review of the Challenge Recipe on the Sponsor’s website, on the applicable Challenge Recipe page, using the same email address used to submit their Entry (the “Bonus Entry”) (Entries and Bonus Entries collectively referred to herein as “Contest Entries”). Limit of one Entry and one Bonus Entry per Entrant. All Contest Entries must be received by the Sponsor before the Contest End Date. All Contest Entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Any attempt or suspected attempt by entrant to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Contest Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Contest Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Contest Rules are void. No Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site, such as Instagram, Facebook/Meta, or Rafflecopter (a “Third Party Service”), the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any Third Party Service, which are released of all liability by each entrant.
- There is one (1) prize to be won each Contest Period. Each prize is a $100 (USD) gift card for Amazon.com. The prize and the Contest are not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Amazon, who is released of all liability by each entrant.
- All entrants assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering or participating in a Contest or from the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award. The Sponsor will not replace a prize if the prize is lost, destroyed, or stolen.
- The odds of winning a prize depend on the number eligible Contest Entries received during the applicable Contest Period.
- Selected Entrants (as defined below) will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill testing question to be administered by email.
- Selected Entrants (as defined below) will be required, as a condition of winning a Contest Prize, to provide their full mailing address to verify residency, and where applicable, for use by Sponsor to send the Contest Prize.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Within seven (7) days of each Contest End Date, the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible Contest Entries received before the applicable Contest End Date and select a potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). A Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible Contest Entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- The Selected Entrant will be notified by email at the email address used for their Entry within seven (7) days after the random draw. Up to three attempts will be made to contact a Selected Entrant within fourteen (14) days following the draw (the “Acceptance Period”). A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize during the Acceptance Period may forfeit their right to a prize and a new Selected Entrant may be selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure of the Selected Entrant to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties, or the Selected Entrant’s failure to monitor any email account during the Acceptance Period.
- If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the Contest Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). A Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that they are the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected Contest Entry.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
- Entrants further grant Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-transferable, perpetual right and license to use, including to display, reproduce and make derivative works of, all information submitted with their Entry and, if applicable, their Bonus Entry, including their first and last name, email address, photo of the Challenge Recipe, and review (if any), for any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, in any medium, without further notice or compensation.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES THE SPONSOR, AND ITS AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, MARKETING PARTNERS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ADMINISTRATION, DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO META AND INSTAGRAM (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE CONTEST, A PRIZE OR SPONSOR’S USE OF ENTRY INFORMATION, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER), THAT THE ENTRANT NOW HAS OR IN THE FUTURE MAY HAVE, EVEN IF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES, INCLUDING IN RESPECT OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY AND DEATH.
- FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT, “CLAIMS” MEANS ANY AND ALL MANNER OF CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, SUITS OR PROCEEDINGS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL MANNER OF LOSS, AND “LOSS” MEANS ANY AND ALL MANNER OF LOSSES, DAMAGES, FINES, PENALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES ON A FULL INDEMNITY BASIS), KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEABLE OR NOT FORESEEABLE, LIQUIDATED OR UNLIQUIDATED, DIRECT OR INDIRECT.
- Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate Entry Information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding, the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Selected Entrant.
- BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS BROUGHT AGAINST, AND ALL LOSSES, OF WHATEVER NATURE INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY, ANY OF THE INDEMNITEES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO: (i) USE OF THE ENTRY INFORMATION BY THE SPONSOR; AND (ii) THE ENTRANT’S: (a) NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE CONTEST RULES; (b) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; AND (c) RECEIPT, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, Canada, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the federal or provincial courts located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible Contest Entries received by the applicable Contest End Date.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.