Easy Greek lemon potatoes are a savory side dish packed with lots of zesty flavor.
Potatoes are baked with broth, olive oil and brightened up with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and herbs. They’re so simple to make with ingredients you have on hand and are the perfect side dish for pretty much any meal!
The Best Potatoes to Use
This recipe will accommodate any potato in your pantry. But if you’re shopping, look for these:
- Russets – Delicious but with their thick skins, they should be peeled for this recipe.
- Yukon gold – The buttery flesh and thin skin is a great choice for Greek lemon potatoes.
- New potatoes – They don’t even need peeling!
- Red potatoes – Waxy and thin-skinned, all you have to do is cut into uniform pieces.
How to Make Greek Lemon Potatoes
This is such an easy dish, the oven does all the work for you! Just follow three easy steps:
- Combine chicken broth, lemon juice, and other ingredients (per recipe below).
- Pour liquid over prepped potatoes in a baking dish.
- Roast until tender.
The garlic and oregano in this dish provide a depth of flavor. For even more zest toss in some dried rosemary, which always enhances chicken flavors.
What To Serve With Greek Lemon Potatoes
This side dish is so tasty it can almost stand on its own. But to make it a full meal, try it with these delicious entrees!
- PORK grilled pork chops, pork tenderloin, crispy breaded pork chops
- CHICKEN or FISH Grilled salmon, marinated chicken kabobs, grilled chicken breast are perfect dinner companions for Greek lemon potatoes.
- And of course a side of Tzatziki Sauce
How To Reheat Roasted Potatoes
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Freezing is also an option although the texture may change once frozen. They will keep in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Place in a foil-covered pan in the oven, or in a pan on low heat on the stovetop until heated through.
- Or, just pop in the microwave until steaming hot.
Other Great Potato Dishes
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes – crispy & delicious
- Loaded Baked Potatoes – freezer friendly
- Mashed Potatoes – rich & creamy
- Potatoes Au Gratin – smothered in cheese
- Homemade Scalloped Potatoes – reader favorite
- Roasted Smashed Potatoes – only 4 ingredients
- Easy Hasselback Potatoes – garlicky cheesy goodness
- Rosemary Roasted Baby Potatoes – such an easy & flavorful side dish
Did your family love these Greek Lemon Potatoes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Greek Style Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- 2 ½ lbs potatoes peeled and quartered if large, cut in half if smaller
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients except potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a greased 9x13 pan (metal is preferred). Pour chicken broth mixture over potatoes.
- Roast 45 minutes. Stir and roast an additional 45 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)