Mini Fruit & Cream Cakes
Fluffy strawberry cake envelopes a sweet blueberry and cream filling, making it almost like an inside-out shortcake! You can switch up the cake mix and pie filling to make a huge variety of flavor blends. Try vanilla cake with cherry pie filling, lemon cake with lemon pie filling, or spice cake with apple pie filling. Have fun with it! :)
Fruit & Cream Cakes
Fluffy strawberry cake envelopes a sweet blueberry and cream filling, making it almost like an inside-out shortcake!
- 1 box cake mix , any variety, prepared as directed on box but not baked
- 1 can fruit pie filling , any variety
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- By hand or with a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla and egg.
- Fill cupcake wrappers 1/2 way with prepared cake batter.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the middle of the cupcake.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of pie filling onto the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of prepared cake batter.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes, or until tops are springy and firm when lightly touched.
- These mini cakes are best when allowed to cool completely, or even chilled in the fridge, since the filling makes them extra delicate.
- When ready to serve, carefully unwrap the mini cake and place it on a plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, add whipped cream and additional fruit topping, or serve with ice cream, as desired.