A rich smooth Nutella filling with a crunchy cookie is a great after dinner treat!
This is actually a take on my Nutella Frosting recipe… because I had a bunch of left over frosting and didn’t know what to do with it! My girls love these, they call them Nutella Burgers. They are super easy to whip up and keep in the freezer for a couple of months (although they’ve never lasted that long in my house!)
Frozen Nutella Bites
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup of Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box of Nilla Wafers
- Sprinkles or Jimmies
- Beat butter, Nutella, and vanilla until combined.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave on 40% power for 30 seconds until ALMOST melted. You just want them melted but not hot… once almost melted, stir chocolate chips until the remainder melts and allow to cool slightly.
- With the mixer running, pour the melted chocolate into the Nutella mixture.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Place Nutella mixture in a Ziploc bag and snip off the corner
- Pipe a good amount on a Nilla Wafer, top with a second wafer and roll in sprinkles.
- Freeze on a baking sheet at least 2 hours. Once frozen, they can be stored in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.