Need a fun Halloween idea that your goblins will gobble up? This easy Eyeball Pasta is a cute and delicious dinner that your family will love and the best part is that it’s easy to make!
Last year I made Meatball Mummies for Halloween.. they were the cutest thing ever!
I kept thinking about those edible eyeballs and how I could use them again. They were cute, easy and contained cheese… and I’m kind of fanatical about cheese!! Well what goes along with cheese better than pasta? (Maybe wine but I’d feel awkward giving that to the kids before trick or treating).
The “how to” below uses string cheese and various sized straws to make “eyeballs”. Spinach pasta is naturally green making it the perfect way to serve up this spooky dinner. If you’d like your pasta a little brighter you can add a few drops of green food coloring to the water while it’s boiling.
I used mozzarella and olives but you can use whatever you want to make them! For the whites any white cheese or even hearts of palm or peeled zucchini works perfectly! For the eyeballs, use zucchini, eggplant, cucumber or any other dark colored veggie! Fun right?!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Eyeball Pasta (Halloween Dinner Idea)
Note: There are no amounts in this recipe as it can be prepared in any amount.
- spinach pasta any shape
- pasta sauce your favorite from a jar or homemade
- string cheese approx ½ per person
- black olives or dark skinned veggies like zucchini
- straws assorted sizes
- Slice string cheese about ¼″ thick. Cut the olives in half lengthwise.
- Using the straws cut circles out of the cheese discs, using the same straw, cut pieces out of the olives. Place the olive pieces in the cheese pieces to make eyeballs.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Top with a serving of pasta sauce and add eyeballs on top.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)