More than a Dijon vinaigrette recipe, this sweet and tangy blend can be used as a sauce, dip, or marinade!
Dijon mustard, oil, and lemon juice are whisked with savory seasonings to create a multi-purpose dressing you’ll use again and again!
Easy Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing
- A quick and easy vinaigrette made with fresh and natural ingredients without added sugars, chemicals, or preservatives!
- Prepare this dressing in about 5 minutes.
- Easy to experiment with the basic ingredients and tailor the dressing to your recipe!
Ingredients for Dijon Vinaigrette
Oil – Basic salad (vegetable) oil is lighter and has a milder flavor than olive oil, which can be bitter for this recipe. Canola or avocado oil will also work. If using olive oil, ensure it’s a light flavored oil.
Lemon Juice – Lemon juice is the acidic part of this dressing, you can experiment with vinegar in place. Try apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, or white wine vinegar. Balsamic vinegar can be too heavy and sweet for a light vinaigrette like this one, but if it’s what’s on hand, then pair it with extra-virgin olive oil.
Dijon Mustard – This not only adds great flavor, Dijon helps keep the mixture emulsified (so it doesn’t separate).
Seasonings – Choose garlic powder over fresh for a subtle flavor and longer storage. Tarragon, parsley, thyme, or basil are great additions if you’d like to add herbs.
Variations – Horseradish has a similar purpose to mustard but adds more tang, just a little will do! Sugar can be switched out for your favorite sugar-free substitutes like monk fruit or stevia, or you can use honey or maple syrup.
How to Make Dijon Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a bowl and slowly add the oil while whisking. Alternatively, place all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until fully blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
How to Store
Dijon vinaigrette only lasts in the fridge for about a week.
It’s great over hearty salad greens like lettuce, spinach, kale, or arugula. It can also be used as a chicken marinade for grilled chicken.
Did you enjoy this Dijon Vinaigrette? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, mustard, sugar (or honey), garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- While whisking, very slowly drizzle in the oil a little bit at a time whisking until incorporated. This should take a couple of minutes.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.