Easy Chocolate Truffles are moist, rich, and uber delicious. They have a silky creamy middle with rich chocolate flavor. Just like rum balls or Oreo Truffles, these homemade chocolates couldn’t be easier to make!
These can be made months in advance, freeze well and are the perfect addition to a holiday cookie tray, gift for your love on Valentine’s day or the most delicious after dinner treats!
Thank you to Kohler for hosting me to attend Kohler Food and Wine and inspire this amazing chocolate truffle recipe!
What is a Chocolate Truffle
Chocolate truffles are actually named after the uncanny resemblance to truffle mushrooms. The mushrooms (truffles) are savory delicacies and are quite pricey and rare, and are often used in fine dining. Truffle chocolates are also exquisite, but super easy and fun to make (and inexpensive).
My daughter loves to help me make this chocolate truffle recipe – we can batch make them and freeze them. I love giving them as gifts (as a hostess gift in a pretty jar with a ribbon) or enjoying them as an easy sweet treat after dinner!
For the Love of Chocolate (Truffles)
I was recently in Kohler, a quaint and scenic city right next to the Sheboygan River in Wisconsin. I was fortunate enough to be hosted by Kohler and attend Kohler Food and Wine with some friends! This was truly one of the best experiences of my life (you may have seen some of it on my Instagram stories). So much amazing food, celebrity chefs, the most beautiful accommodation (we stayed at The American Club, a truly luxurious resort). From the spa to the meals, it was almost as decadent as these chocolate truffles!
My trip was pretty busy and so much fun! I made sure to take some time to tour the main shopping area (so many great little boutiques) where I enjoyed the best chocolates ever. You may know Kohler for kitchen and bath fixtures (which of course is correct) but you guys, the chocolate.
Can we just stop for a moment and talk about the chocolate?
When I heard Kohler was known for chocolate, I knew we were in for a treat… I just didn’t know how decadent it would actually be. The chocolates I enjoyed were absolutely a work of art, so beautiful (seriously, look at these chocolates) but even more than that they were so so luxurious!
I’m so thankful for the experience I had in Kohler, it has definitely stolen my heart and I can’t wait to go back! Until then, I will be making batches of these truffles reminiscing about my experiences!
How To Make Truffles
To make these chocolate truffles:
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder until fluffy
- Microwave chocolate chips until almost melted and add to cream cheese mixture
- Refrigerate to cool and form into balls.
- Roll in cocoa powder (or toppings) and refrigerate to set.
When we make chocolate truffles, I like to roll them in a few ingredients so there’s a selection. I love using chocolate sprinkles, chopped walnuts or pecans, cocoa powder, and coconut. My favorite is the simplicity and flavor of cocoa powder. They also taste great dipped in a layer of melted chocolate and set (but I find it messier to dip).
We store these refrigerated or frozen but remove them and allow them to come to room temperature before serving.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Poke Cake From Scratch
- 5 Minute Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
Easy Chocolate Truffles
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- cocoa powder nuts or coconut for rolling
- Mix cream cheese, cocoa powder, vanilla and powdered sugar on medium high until fluffy.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power until almost melted (stirring every 30 seconds or so). Remove from microwave and continue stirring until smooth and melted.
- Stir melted chocolate into cream cheese mixture until smooth. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Shape truffles into 1" balls and roll in nuts, cocoa powder, coconut or dip in melted chocolate.
Recipe Adapted from Allrecipes