This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It has been known in our family as Divorce Cake for years… the first time I made it, my husband loved it so much that he ate the WHOLE cake! Yes, all of it! He then told me if I made it again he’d have to leave me… and “Divorce Cake” was born!
I always make it… and he’s still here (I think he stays for the cake).
- 1 box Chocolate Cake (any type)
- 1 Can/Jar of Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 Can of sweetened Condensed Milk (I use Eagle Brand)
- 1 Tub of Cool Whip
- Bake the cake in a 9×13 pan according to the directions on the box.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool 15 minutes
- Poke holes all over the entire cake (I use a chopstick for this)
- Pour an entire can of sweetened condensed milk and a can/jar of ice cream topping over the entire cake allowing it to seep into the holes
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (minimum 4 hours, longer is better)
- Top with cool whip and serve!