This is the best meatloaf recipe, a Delicious Savory Meatloaf that I have been making for years! If you’ve been wondering how to make meatloaf both lean and amazing, you’ll love this recipe!
The mixture of lean beef and turkey makes this easy meatloaf a healthier alternative to a traditional meatloaf as it’s a little bit leaner! It’s kept extra moist because it has some sneaky little veggies hidden in it! Although the addition of turkey lightens this meatloaf up in calories if find it much more rich and flavorful than a typical turkey meatloaf. I love the zesty addition of Chili Sauce, but feel free to use ketchup in it’s place if you don’t have it! If you are not familiar with Chili Sauce, it is NOT spicy but is just a deliciously zesty sauce similar to ketchup but less sweet.
It’s always a huge hit and tastes great cold the next day! The leftovers from this recipe were used to create my Mushroom Swiss Patty Melts (and there were only leftovers because I actually hid them in the fridge). :)
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I use Panko)
- 1 large egg
- 1 carrot cut in chunks
- 1 small onion cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup chill sauce (or ketchup if you don't have chill sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup Chili Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a blender, combine egg, carrot, onion, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, parsley and pepper.
- Blend until the carrot & onion are finely chopped and the mixture is fairly smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine blended mixture, beef, turkey and bread crumbs. Mix until evenly combined. (Note: Overmixing can result in a tough meatloaf).
- Spray a foil lined pan very well with no-stick spray. Place the meat on the pan and form into a loaf shape about 4" wide x 3" high.
- Cover with foil to create a seal.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil, spread topping over meatloaf and bake an additional 15-30 minutes or until meatloaf reaches 165 degrees.
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.