Ways to Decorate a Pumpkin Without Carving!
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Add your own great pumpkin decorating tips and ideas in the comments below!
Too busy to carve a pumpkin? Not interested in the messy innards all over your back porch? Are your kids too young to handle a knife? No problem! There are lots of ways you can decorate a pumpkin for Halloween without ever bringing out the knife!
1. Stencils: Paint or spray paint over stencils to make faces or patterns on your pumpkins. There are tons of stencils, available in a wide variety of shapes, and you can make you own out of cereal box or some other cardboard.
2. Glitter: Glue and glitter (or glitter glue for little ones) make for a great combination on your pumpkin! Make a sparkly patterned pumpkin, or just cover the whole thing with glitter and rhinestones! Very sweet!
3. Felt clothing and wigs: Make your pumpkin a fashionable outfit! Make a mini top hat, give her a wig, and give her eyes a spot of glitter and eyeliner for the beauty queen of jack o’lanterns!
4. Ribbons: Tie a few festive ribbons to the stem of your pumpkin, and let the ribbon trail down the sides of your pumpkin for an easy, adorable decoration.
5. Leaves and flowers: Sticking fall leaves and mums into the sides of your pumpkin in a pretty pattern will make it pretty with little effort! You can use either fake or real flowers, or a combination of the two.
6. Mr. Pumpkin Head: Use Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head face pieces for a funny pumpkin! Add hair, and jewelry for a hilarious (and simple) jack o’lantern!
8. Gold leaf: Gold leaf and metallic spray paint will make your pumpkin worth its weight in gold!
9. Colored tape: Make plaid patterns on your pumpkin with colored tape or ribbon with a little glue on it. The striped patterns or checkers will make you pumpkin extra sweet!
10. Chalkboard paint: Cover your gourd in chalkboard paint, and let the children have a countdown to Halloween pumpkin on the porch, or let them draw. Easy erase and loads of fun.
11. Tacks: The thumbtacks you can buy with the rounded silver and gold tops make pumpkin decorating easy. Just pin the tacks into the sides and write initials, or make a delightful picture on the outside in metallic dots. It adds a little sparkle, and won’t break your wallet!
12. Pumpkin Scarring: This is a new technique for me! My friends over at How Does She? posted a neat article about pumpkin scarring! This is a fun way to add a design or name to a pumpkin… head on over and check out the post here.