Crock Pot Ham is the perfect holiday ham recipe! Glazed with brown sugar and jelly, the slow cooker does all of the work (leaving precious oven space for Scalloped Potatoes).
Making ham in the slow cooker takes just 5 minutes of prep and the result is a tender and juicy crock pot ham that your family will absolutely love!
Easy Crock Pot Ham
Making ham in the crock pot is a total breeze with just minutes of prep. While I do love a good Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze, sometimes love to free up the oven and prep the meal ahead of time!
Making this Crock Pot Ham recipe in the slow cooker not only saves oven space, but it takes only about 5 minutes of prep to set and forget. The result is ham perfection every time!
How to Cook Ham in a Crock Pot
I prefer a spiral ham as it’s easy to cut and cook but of course any kind of smoked ham will do!
- Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar in the slow cooker. Add ham.
- Mix the glaze and pour over ham.
- Cover and allow the Crock Pot to do all of the work!
Glaze for Crock Pot Ham is so quick to make! I use a jelly and brown sugar glaze on this slow cooker ham. Dijon mustard adds a hint of tang while apple jelly and brown sugar add sweetness. If you don’t have apple jelly you can use apricot or substitute a brown sugar ham glaze.
How Long to Cook a Ham
I find a lot of Crock Pot Ham recipes suggest a cook time that is too long meaning the ham is not tender when it’s done! This recipe uses a spiral ham which is smoked (it is pre-cooked). Be sure to check your package to make sure your ham is smoked/cooked, the package will tell you what temperature the ham needs to reach.
A smoked ham should be cooked to a temperature of 140°F which will take 4-5 hours on low for an 8-10lb ham.
How Much Ham Per Person
When buying ham, you’ll need:
- 1/4 – 1/3 lb. per person of boneless ham
- 1/3 – 1/2 lb. per person of bone-in ham
If you want leftovers for ham salad or ham casseroles, get a bit extra (and don’t forget to save the bone for ham bone soup)! I usually just put it in the freezer and add it to my soup right from frozen!
What to Serve With Ham
We serve this Crock Pot Ham alongside a lot of the same sides we put on our Thanksgiving dinner menu. Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a of course Bacon Green Beans, 30 Minute Dinner Rolls and a fresh salad.
While any leftovers you have make pretty much the best ever ham sandwich on toast or add ham to a grilled cheese sandwich. I’ve also used leftovers in everything from ham and potato casseroles to corn chowder. With only a few minutes of effort to prep it and a few hours in the Crock Pot, you will have an unforgettable ham that is sure to become a family favorite!
The Best Side Dishes for Ham
- Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- The BEST Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Twice Baked Potatoes
Crock Pot Ham
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8-10 lb spiral cut ham (fully cooked)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Melt apple jelly and whisk together remaining glaze ingredients.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar in the bottom of a 6-7 qt slow cooker.
- Add ham and pour glaze overtop ensuring you separate the layers of ham and brush with glaze.
- Cover slow cooker (see note), add rosemary sprigs and cook on low 4-5 hours.
More Crock Pot Recipes You Will Love
- Ham & Bean Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Ham and Potato Soup
- Dr. Pepper Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Ham and Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken