This easy recipe uses a Jiffy cornbread mix and lots of tender, sweet corn! Best of all, it’s made in the crockpot so the oven is free for the main dish or other sides.
An Easy Holiday Side Dish
- The crockpot is a ‘set it and forget it’ version of our favorite corn casserole recipe.
- It’s a crowd-pleasing, budget-friendly side dish that goes with everything from a holiday ham to a roast turkey!
- Use different mix-ins to make corn casserole a new recipe every time.
Ingredients and Variations
Cornbread Mix- This recipe uses two 8.5oz boxes of Jiffy Cornbread mix which has flour and cornmeal for a fluffy base.
Corn – Frozen corn provides texture, while creamed corn adds sweetness. Replace frozen with drained canned corn.
Dairy – Butter adds a rich flavor while sour cream adds extra moisture.
Variations – Feel free to add flavor boosters like cheddar cheese (about a cup or so), diced jalapenos, bacon bits, or crumbled sausage.
How to Make Crockpot Corn Casserole
Just mix, pour, and cook!
- Mix: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl per the full recipe below.
- Pour: Spread in a prepared crockpot.
- Cook: Cover and cook until set.
Did your family love this Crock Pot Corn Casserole? Be sure to leave us a rating and a comment below!
Crock Pot Corn Casserole
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 17 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix two 8.5 oz packages
- 3 cups frozen corn thawed
- 30 ounces canned creamed corn two 15 oz cans
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- Grease a 6qt slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, corn muffin mix, corn kernels, creamed corn, sour cream, and onion.
- Spread into the prepared slow cooker and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours or until set.
crumbled bacon or bacon bits
1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.