Whip up a batch of baked zucchini fries for a healthy, wholesome snack anytime!
Fresh zucchini fries are coated in a Panko parmesan batter and baked until they are crispy, crunchy, and ready for dipping!
These will disappear off the platter before you have a chance to try them, so be sure to sneak a few before serving!
Baked Zucchini Fries
I love to serve french fries as a side dish, but I can make an entire meal out of these baked parmesan zucchini fries!
- Quick & easy! Baked zucchini fries come together fast, with very little prep, and can even be air-fried!
- Baked not fried, but with a deep-fried crispy coating, zucchini fries are a guilt-free snack or side dish!
- Squash varieties are a healthy alternative to starchy, high-carbohydrate veggies like potatoes or carrots. They have zero fat, and this recipe has a keto version, too!
Ingredients and Variations
Zucchini – Zucchini has a firm texture and mild flavor, making it the perfect texture for fries, and no need to peel!
Breadcrumbs – Seasoned or homemade breadcrumbs work in this recipe, but Panko breadcrumbs will provide the best crunch. Make keto zucchini fries by switching out the Panko for low carb or keto breadcrumbs, or crushed pork rinds and almond flour.
Variations – Sweet potatoes, asparagus, green beans, and even jicama can be breaded and baked into healthy fries! Or make the oven pull double-duty and bake chicken nuggets next to the zucchini fries.
How to Make Zucchini Fries
- Cut zucchini into fries.
- Mix Panko, parmesan cheese, and oil (per recipe below).
- Dredge each zucchini in the flour mix, egg, and then the Panko. Press the crumbs to each zucchini stick to help them adhere.
- Bake in a hot oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
In the Air Fryer:
This recipe is great to turn into air fryer zucchini fries too.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Place breaded zucchini fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping the fries over halfway.
Keep leftover baked zucchini fries in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Re-crisp them by spraying them with pan spray and popping them under the broiler for a few minutes. Or reheat them in the air fryer.
Did your family enjoy these Crispy Zucchini Fries? If so, leave a comment below!
Crispy Zucchini Fries (oven baked)
- 2 medium zucchini about 1½ lbs.
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Wash zucchini and cut into fries (leaving skin on).
- Combine Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, olive oil, pepper & salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat egg & milk together in a shallow bowl. In a third dish combine the flour and garlic powder.
- Dip each zucchini fry into the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture and then the bread crumb mixture. Press the crumbs to adhere to the zucchini.
- Place zucchini sticks on the prepared pan. Bake 14-18 minutes or until crust is crispy.
- Serve with chipotle mayo or your favorite dipping sauce.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobe (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.