This Corn Casserole Recipe is one of our favorite side dishes for just about any dinner. A delicious cornbread base is filled with creamed corn, fresh herbs, and butter then baked until golden. It’s the perfect Thanksgiving dinner side dish!
Corn Casserole made with Jiffy cornbread muffin mix is a simple dish, and comes out so moist, buttery, and sweet.
This recipe has been around pretty much forever and it’s been a staple at turkey dinners for as long as I can remember! I bring this cornbread casserole with me to every potluck turkey dinner; it can be prepared in advance and brought with you! Just pop it in the oven to reheat while the turkey rests.
If you haven’t had homemade corn casserole before, you are going to love it. The sweetness of the corn in this buttery golden casserole creates a side dish recipe that you will want to make again and again! Corn Pudding is similar but has a more custard type texture while this corn casserole is a bit more similar to a cornbread texture.
To Make Ahead
This recipe can be made ahead of time and baked. Cool completely and then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Allow to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
How To Make Corn Casserole
Corn casserole is probably the easiest dish you are going to whip up for turkey dinner. This cream corn casserole also includes corn for texture and color, I prefer fresh corn, but frozen works just as well!
All you need to do is:
- Mix the ingredients (per recipe below)
- Pour into a casserole dish
- Bake it for about 45-55 minutes (it bakes perfectly in the toaster oven too).
I like to add a little butter on top as it comes out of the oven, and some parsley for added color. If you’re heading to a potluck or bringing it with you, just cover it with aluminum foil and pop it back in the oven when you arrive!
Feel free to add in your favorites including cheese, herbs, bacon or jalapenos.
Can You Cook Corn Casserole In A Crock Pot
The cooking time really depends on your slow cooker but generally 2-3 hours on high is the perfect time to cook it. Once it is cooked, just unplug the slow cooker or set it to warm.
More Great Turkey Dinner Sides You’ll Love
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Classic Deviled Eggs – Family favorite!
- 10 Minute Cranberry Sauce
- Bacon Green Bean Bundles – Prep ahead!
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 cups corn canned or frozen, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons onion or jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, optional
- crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 qt casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients and spread into the casserole dish.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until browned.