Circus animal blondies are a sweet celebration treat and a fun twist on traditional blondies!
These easy-to-make, festive little bars are grab-and-go party perfection, freeze well, and are perfect (and nut free) for lunch boxes.
What is a Circus Animal Cookie?
Mother’s Brand circus animal cookies are legendary. Kids have been enjoying these pink and white frosted animal-shaped cookies for generations. Pick them up at the local supermarket (or online) and add them to a blondie recipe for nostalgic flavor.
Ingredients and Variations
BASE: The base of these blondies is a typical blondie recipe with additions!
COOKIES: Pink and white frosted animal cookies give this recipe its signature look, but crushed peanut-flavored Nutter Butters or Oreos can be used as well (sub out brown sugar for the white and add some maple syrup for the peanut butter flavored version).
MIX-INS: Mix in some yummy toffee, caramel, or butterscotch pieces, mini-M&M’s, or mini chocolate chips!
How to Make Blondies
For blondie brownies that taste like a dream, simply follow a few easy steps:
- Cream butter & sugar, add eggs & vanilla (per recipe below).
- Add dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in chopped animal cookies & nonpareils, press dough into prepared pan.
- Top with extra cookies & sprinkles, if desired. Bake as directed.
Tips for the Best Blondies
- Line the pan with parchment to make them easy to remove.
- For best results, don’t overbake the bars. They should be lightly colored.
- Circus animal blondies can be wrapped individually and frozen. Put a frozen bar in a lunch kit or backpack and it’ll be ready to enjoy by lunchtime.
Other Uses for Circus Animal Cookies
Circus Animal Cookies can be added to so many desserts! For an extra pop of color and pretty presentation, try adding them to Extra Chewy Rice Krispie Treats, No Bake Cookies, Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes, or even a Milkshake!
Our Favorite Bars
- Cookie Dough Brownies – layers of decadence
- Extra Chewy Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Magic Cookie Bars – loaded with everything delicious
- Nanaimo Bars
- S’mores Bars – a delicious twist on a classic
- Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Turtle Brownies – smothered in caramel & pecans
- Magic Cookie Bars – soft & chewy
Did everyone love these Circus Animal Blondies? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Circus Animal Blondies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups circus animal cookies chopped
- 2 tablespoons rainbow nonpareils
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, corn starch, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla and eggs one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a little bit at a time just until it is mixed. Fold in the animal cookies and nonpareils.
- Gently press the dough into the prepared baking pan and top with additional cookies and sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or just until set. Do not overbake.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Whole cookies are too big in this batter and cab impact the evenness of the baking significantly. Be sure to cut/break the cookies up.
Do not overbake.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)