10 Items to Buy During Fall!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Leave your own great tips in the comments below!
Fall is the best time of year, with the crunchy leaves and everything pumpkin flavored. The weather gets cooler, but the deals don’t cool down. Here are ten things you should be buying this autumn!
1. Bathing Suits: Unless your children are growing spectacularly fast, you should be able to buy bathing suits now that they are super on sale at the end of summer. Buy yourself a new tankini or buy the kids some swimming shorts at a fraction of the price!
2. Travel Tickets: Planning on travelling for the holidays? Buy your ticket as soon as fall rolls around to save big on holiday airfare. You will be able to splurge on new fall boots with all the money you’ll save on airfare! Don’t forget to check daily deal sites such as Living Social, they often have great deals on travel and vacations with HUGE savings!
3. Outdoor furniture and grills: Need a new chair and table set for the back porch? Wait until fall and you will be able to find it for nothing. Most stores will just be trying to get rid of it to make room for Halloween costumes and Christmas decorations!
4. Toys: Most stores have layaway starting in autumn. Amazing! You can start on your shopping for Christmas and have the stores hold onto it for you!
5. Christmas presents: Some of the best daily deals on the internet come about in fall, when people are not spending to get ready for Christmas. So you can get some wonderful deals by shopping early for everyone on your list!
6. Seasonal fruits and veggies: Autumn is when all of the apples are in season, so grab a bushel. You can make apple pies, apple butter, or apple jelly to store. Also try grabbing a few pumpkins and squashes to freeze. The plants have much better nutrition if they are picked when naturally in season. Click here for a full list of fall plants!
7. Wine: It’s harvest time for grapes too, which means you’ll be able to get wine cheaper during the fall since there will be more of it on the market.
8. Clothing: Anything the stores didn’t get rid of during the back-to-school rush will now be discounted. Wait for a sale or hit the clearance rack for some fashionable deals.
9. Lawn Mowers: Your grass stopped growing a week ago, but the sales on lawn mowers will be just getting started. Get a lawn mower or other yard tool even cheaper the colder it gets!
10. Wedding Dresses: If you are planning a wedding for yourself or someone you know, wait until fall to buy your dress. The stores like to stock up for Christmas proposals, there will be a huge selection and you’ll have the pick of the litter!