Love it? Pin it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is my personal favorite comfort food recipe (although, what do you expect from a girl who served blue box mac ‘n cheese at her wedding along side the prime rib!). It’s not completely from scratch, but it is completely delicious!
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to get into the slow cooker and then it’s ready to go! Fast, easy and beyond amazing! I don’t make it very often because when I do, I can’t stop eating it. In fact, I wake up and eat it for breakfast too if I’m lucky enough to have any left!
If you’d like to make it into an entree, feel free to add in some ham and broccoli or cooked chicken and left over veggies!
Note: Slow cookers can vary in temperature greatly! You may have to slightly adjust the time for your slow cooker. If your Mac ‘n Cheese is done early, you can turn your slow cooker onto warm.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup gruyere cheese (or you can use 4 cups cheddar cheese)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream, regular or light
- ½ cup mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's Light)
- Boil macaroni noodles according to directions to make them al dente. (Mine boiled for 6 minutes). Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Serve hot.
If you prefer or if you are short on time, you can bake this in the oven (and I have many many times!) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake 30 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered.