The Best Wifesaver Recipe!
(Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Bacon)
Love it? Pin it to your HOLIDAY or BREAKFAST board to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is my absolute favorite Overnight Breakfast Casserole for sure! While this is an breakfast casserole is made with bacon, you can easily substitute it with sausage or ham!
It’s perfect for any holiday morning because it is a make-ahead dish! You can quickly prep it the night before and pop it in the fridge, in the morning just put it in the oven to cook while your family is doing other fun activities (like opening stockings or egg hunting!). It’s so easy to put together and a great way to feed breakfast to a crowd so I often make it when we have guests over! If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, this is great reheated too!
Things you’ll need for this recipe:
Serves: Serves at least 8
- 12 slices egg bread (or any type of bread will work), cubed
- 12 slices crispy bacon, crumbled (or 1 cup diced ham)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 cups grated cheese, cheddar works well
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon each dry mustard, salt & black pepper
- Cube bread and leave out overnight or place in the oven at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes to dry slightly. (Do not brown or toast it).
- Combine eggs, milk, & seasonings.
- Layer ½ of the cubes in a greased 9x13 pan. Top with ½ of the bacon, green onions, red peppers and cheese. Repeat layers one more time.
- Pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- Remove from fridge and let sit on the counter while preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered with foil 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (If you are baking 2 pans increase cooking time to 60-80 minutes).
Here are some other recipes you’ll love: