The Best Wifesaver Recipe! (Overnight Breakfast Casserole)
Love it? Pin it to your HOLIDAY or BREAKFAST board to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is my absolute favorite breakfast! It’s perfect for Christmas or Easter morning because it can sit overnight and you can just pop it into the oven while your family is doing other fun activities (like stockings or egg hunting!).
I also prepare this whenever we have guests at any time of the year. It’s so easy to put together and a great way to feed breakfast to a crowd! If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, this is great reheated too!
SBC will be reported.
Click print here ↓
- 12 slices egg bread (or any type of bread will work), cubed
- 12 slices crispy bacon, crumbled (or 1 cup diced ham)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 cups grated cheese, cheddar works well
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon each dry mustard, salt & black pepper
- Cube bread and leave out overnight or place in the oven at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes to dry slightly. (Do not brown or toast it).
- Combine eggs, milk, & seasonings.
- Layer ½ of the cubes in a greased 9x13 pan. Top with ½ of the bacon, green onions, red peppers and cheese. Repeat layers one more time.
- Pour egg mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
- Remove from fridge and let sit on the counter while preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered with foil 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. (If you are baking 2 pans increase cooking time to 60-80 minutes).