Layered Doritos Casserole!
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This casserole was DELICIOUS!! And yes, it is okay to have Doritos for dinner once in a while, especially in this recipe!! (Plus we topped it with lettuce & tomatoes, that’s got to count for something right? ;) ).
I used the family sized bag and had a little leftover (Approx 17oz). Any flavor works but I used the Nacho Cheese and it was delicious!
Not only that, the filling to this recipe is KILLER good! As in stuff it in tortillas with lettuce, cheese and sour cream. Or eat it with a spoon… (I did have to test it while I was making it!) Anyhow, this is definitely a recipe we LOVE … just oh so yummy!!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 (family size) bag Doritos, any flavor (I used Nacho Cheese)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheese, (I used tex mex blend)
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place salsa in a strainer to drain while preparing beef.
- Cook ground beef with onion and garlic until no pink remains. Add taco seasoning and ½ cup of water. Stir until thickened and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine drained salsa, sour cream, soup and 1 cup of cheese. Add in beef and stir well.
- Slightly crush Doritos (not completely, you don't want crumbs). Layer 1&1/2 cups Doritos in the bottom of a casserole dish (mine was 2qt) . Top with ½ of the beef mixture. Repeat layers. Finally top with an additional 1 to 1½ cups Doritos and remaining cheese.
- Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray and cover casserole. Bake 30 minutes covered, remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives if desired.