Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken
Pin it to your SLOW COOKER board to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I’ve read that Bourbon Chicken got it’s name because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street. Regardless of the name or how it came to be, this dish is absolutely delicious!
Not only is this easy to put together but my whole family just loves Bourbon Chicken! The best part is just a few minutes of prep and then you can leave it to simmer in the slow cooker all day! Chicken thighs are best in this recipe as they don’t get dry like slow cooked chicken breasts sometimes do! We serve this over rice to soak up all of that delicious sauce!
Serving size: 6 servings
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in slow cooker, pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and chop into bite sized pieces. Strain liquid and place over medium high heat in a small pot. Combine 3 tablespoons water with 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Whisk into boiling sauce along with 1 clove minced garlic. Stir until thickened.
- Pour over chicken pieces in the slow cooker and stir. Serve over rice.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- The Ultimate Bourbon Burger with Bourbon Glaze from A Zesty Bite
- Drool worthy Bacon Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Kabobs from The Slow Roasted Italian
- Take Out Style Sweet ‘n Sour Chicken!
- Sticky Bourbon Chicken with Rice from Pinch of Yum