This fabulous Peanut Butter Pie is a perfect cool treat, for summer or any time of year! A delicious homemade peanut butter cookie crust pairs beautifully with the decadent peanut butter ganache layer and the creamy peanut butter middle.
Peanut Butter Pie
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
With warmer weather quickly approaching, I’m starting my annual springtime routine of making all my cream pie recipes. While a hot, fruit pie is perfect for crisp fall evenings, chilled, creamy no bake pies are the ideal companion for those long, hot summer days. And this recipe for peanut butter pie is the “cream” of the crop when it comes to creamy pies.
There is so much to love about this recipe that I don’t know where to begin. The peanut butter cookie crust, perhaps? This crust is so delicious – it’s like nothing you’ve ever tasted in a peanut butter pie. Most peanut butter pies use a graham cracker crust or a chocolate crust. But this homemade peanut butter cookie crust is so unique and absolutely fantastic. You’ll love what it adds to the creamy insides!
Speaking of the creamy inside, this pie isn’t just the standard cream cheese and peanut butter. No, it uses a creamy peanut butter ganache layer between the creamy inside and the crust to really boost that wonderful peanut butter flavor. It’s easy to make, and brings a whole lot of fantastic personality to each bite.
Crust: Make sure that your peanuts and cookies are well processed before trying to form them into a crust. If you have chunks that are too big, your crust will fall apart more easily so it’s best to use a food processor.
Filling: This filling is ideal for a pie shape. It should pour easily into your pie and can be smoothed using a knife or a spatula if required.
Chilling: 4-6 hours is the minimum you need to chill this pie for. If you don’t give it long enough in the fridge, your pie will be runny. That time in the fridge helps the whole pie to firm up, and it helps the flavors of the ganache layer and the filling to mellow out and resolve beautifully.
Topping: I recommend using chopped peanuts for the topping, but you might also try chocolate chips, hot fudge, or chopped Reese’s candies.
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts
- 24 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1/3 Cup Butter , Melted
Peanut Butter Ganache:
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
Peanut Butter Cream:
- 1 Cup Cold Whole Milk
- 1 Package (3.4 Ounces) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese , Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip-Thawed
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip-Thawed
- 3/4 Cup Roasted Peanuts , Chopped
Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the peanuts and pulse until roughly chopped. Add cookies and pulse until crushed. Add melted butter and pulse a few times to mix. Press mixture onto the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate. Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Cool crust completely.
Make the Ganache:
- Place peanut butter chips and heavy cream in a small microwave safe bowl, for 1 minute for 50% power, remove from microwave, stir until smooth. Pour into cooled pie crust. Place in refrigerator while you make the Peanut Butter Cream.
Make the Peanut Butter Cream:
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix pudding and milk, with an electric mixer on medium speed, for 2 minutes; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix peanut butter, cream cheese, and condensed milk until smooth. Stir in pudding mixture until it's evenly incorporated. Gently fold in 8 ounces of Cool whip; pour into crust. Spread remaining 8 ounces of Cool Whip decoratively over top. Refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle outside 2-3 inch diameter with chopped peanuts and serve.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Amazing Banana Cream Pie made with a homemade rich, velvety custard, lots of fresh sliced bananas, a crunchy cookie crust, topped off with a mountain of fluffy whipped cream!
Ambrosia Pie has all of the goodness of Ambrosia Salad, tucked into a tasty graham cracker crust to be served for dessert! This no bake pie is perfect for spring parties and potlucks, and it is also a great dessert for any night of the week since it requires just a few minutes of prep!
Easy fresh Strawberry Pie-Just like Grandma used to make. Thick, delicious, Jello glaze intensifies the yummy strawberry flavor and makes an easy to cut pie!