Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This easy baked spaghetti casserole is a family favorite that is easy to prepare! To make this recipe extra quick and easy, I doctor up a jarred sauce with lean beef and seasoning but if you have the time, it’s definitely worth it to make a homemade sauce!
One great thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever you like, if you don’t like green pepper, skip it and add diced mushrooms or zucchini. I personally add 32 oz of pasta sauce to this recipe because I like my pasta quite saucy… you can easily adjust this to your liking though and add more or less sauce. Serve this with a side salad and garlic toast for an easy meal. This easy casserole is great leftover and freezes perfectly!
- 12 oz spaghetti noodles, cooked
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Homemade Sauce
- 1 lb ground beef (or italian sausage)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown meat, onion, garlic, seasoning and green pepper over medium heat making sure to break up the meat very well. (Drain any fat if needed).
- Add pasta sauce to meat and stir well. Toss meat sauce with spaghetti noodles and parsley.
- Place pasta in a 9x13 pan. Top with cheeses and bake 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted & lightly browned.