Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
There is just something about a rich creamy velvety soup at the end of a long day!
My family loves this soup, it’s like a big ol’ bowl of comfort food just showed up at your door. I am seriously waiting for spring to show up at my door, but since it hasn’t yet… I’ll take a bowl of this instead. This cauliflower soup is so deliciously velvety and creamy and loaded up with cauliflower and cheese, it’s the perfect meal!
I use a combination of parmesan and cheddar but I’ve also made this soup using gruyere for a fantastic flavor.
Things you might need for this recipe
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 cups fresh cauliflower
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1¼ cups light cream or Half & Half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese
- Steam or boil cauliflower until softened and drain well.
- Coarsely chop 2 cups of cauliflower and set aside. Puree remaining cauliflower with ½ cup broth until smooth.
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened but not browned.
- Add butter and seasonings, stir in flour. Add cream & remaining broth all at once. Cook while stirring over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in cauliflower puree and chopped cauliflower and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir until melted.