Crispy Oven Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries with Chipotle Mayo
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER BOARD to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I love these! Every year I grow zucchini in the garden and I try to find creative ways to use it up! My girls don’t actually like zucchini however, when I made this they couldn’t eat enough! Now they actually request these oven baked zucchini fries!
Chipotle mayo is the perfect dipper for these… but if you prefer ranch or warm marinara are great choices too! These are also perfect if you’re watching your waistline since they’re oven baked! All of the flavor and crunch without the fat or grease!
These are fairly simple to make… the batch you see here I actually made myself for lunch one day! Both tasty and satisfying, these are perfect as a snack or a side dish!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Store bought
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise or Dressing
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle in Adobo (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Panko Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, Pepper & Olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Wash zucchini and cut into fries (leaving skin on).
- Beat egg & milk together. Toss zucchini in the egg and milk mixture.
- Dip each zucchini fry into the bread crumb mixture pressing the crumbs to make sure they stick.
- Place on a parchment lined pan and spray with cooking spray. Bake 18-20 minutes or until crust is crispy.
Original recipe & photos appeared on Spend with Pennies June 2013. Updated July 2015.