©Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com
Make Ahead Egg Muffins
Pin it to your BREAKFAST BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
These are definitely one of my favorite breakfast items! The best part is I can make them on the weekend and I have a quick and easy breakfast or snack to grab on the go!
You can use any combination of ingredients you like including ham & broccoli, spinach & feta or sausage, peppers and mushrooms. I prefer to eat them as is and my husband loves to put them on english muffins to make a sandwich. Either way, these little egg muffins are the perfect way to start your day!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Serves: 12 egg muffins
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage (or pork)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown turkey sausage over medium high until no pink remains.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide the red pepper, onion and cooked sausage over 12 wells.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, egg whites and cheese. Pour egg mixture over the sausage in each well.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cups and serve warm or let cool completely and refrigerate or freeze.
- To reheat from refrigerated, microwave about 30 seconds. To reheat from frozen, microwave 45-60 seconds. Note: Microwaves can vary greatly, time may need to be adjusted.
More Recipes You’ll Love