DIY Taco Seasoning
Love it? Be Sure to Pin it or RePin it here!
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for more great recipes, DIY and ideas!
I love Taco Seasoning! It’s not JUST for Tacos! I use this to add a little zip to items likes soups and casseroles. This tastes delicious as a rub before grilling chicken or steak!!
Why make your own taco seasoning? First of all it’s VERY cheap to make. You can make tons of it for just pennies! Second, you can adjust it to your own liking.. spicy, mild etc. I usually reduce the salt for our family! You most likely have all of the ingredients on hand already!
DIY Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Store for up to 6 months in a cool dry place (although it won’t last that long)
- For tacos add 2 Tablespoons (or to taste) to 1 pound of cooked ground meat
- add 1/4 cup water and simmer 5 minutes