These S’mores Bars are made with graham cracker crumb based cookie layers sandwiched around melty milk chocolate and gooey marshmallow. A fun, baked, twist on traditional S’mores — great for enjoying indoors!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Melty milk chocolate.
Sticky, gooey, even slightly crisped marshmallow.
I think you know what I’m getting to. These are the ingredients that make for a great classic S’mores, and they are also the components that make up these S’mores cookie bars.
I love desserts with melty interiors (like these stuffed Nutella cookies!) and when I set about making these S’mores bars I knew that I wanted them to be loaded with a thick melty marshmallow and chocolate interior, and that’s exactly the sort of dessert I have for you today.
The cookie layer is made with actual graham cracker crumbs mixed into the crust for an authentic s’mores taste, and then layered with plenty of marshmallow and chocolate before being topped off with more graham cracker . I love slightly messy, multi-layered dessert bars (like these Millionaire’s Shortbread bars that I’ve been obsessed with recently) and S’mores Cookie Bars are no exception.
To make these bars, you’re going to want to spread about 2/3 of the graham cracker cookie dough into the bottom of the pan. Then, spread a thick layer of marshmallow fluff (store bought or homemade) and top that off by evenly spacing milk chocolate bar quarters over the top and gently pressing them into the marshmallow layer.
You’re not going to be able to completely cover the marshmallow/chocolate layer with your remaining dough, which is fine, so break up the last of the cookie dough and sprinkle it over the top, mostly focusing on covering the marshmallow spaces. Then use your fingers to lightly flatten the dough and cover as much surface area as possible, like so:
Top the cookie dough off with a handful of milk chocolate chips (because there’s no such thing as too much chocolate) and it’s off to the oven.
As the s’mores bars bake, you might notice that the marshmallow layer will start to rise through the cracks. Don’t worry, it will deflate after baking as it cools, but these inflated parts will become just slightly crisp, like the charred outside of a campfire-roasted marshmallow.
Definitely my new favorite way to enjoy S’mores. <3
These S’mores Bars are made with graham cracker crumb based cookie layers sandwiched around melty milk chocolate and gooey marshmallow.
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 3 milk chocolate bars, broken into quarters
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease and flour a 9×9″ pan (or line with parchment paper). Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars until well combined.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract until completely combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet until completely combined
- Press approximately 2/3 of the graham cracker cookie dough evenly into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Spread marshmallow fluff evenly over the top of the cookie dough crust.
- Space milk chocolate bar quarters evenly over marshmallow fluff and press gently into the surface.
- Drop remaining cookie dough over the surface of the s’mores bars. Use your fingers to gently spread dough over the surface, you will not be able to cover the entire surface area, this is OK (see picture in text above for reference).
- Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips.
- Bake on 350F for 27-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
More Recipes You’ll Love: