Quick Stovetop Apple Pie Filling!
Have been looking for a delicious and easy apple pie filling recipe? And better yet, quick and easy?
PIN it to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I looooove apple pie filling! I also have a lot of recipes calling for canned apple pie filling.. and it’s kind of expensive… not to mention, homemade always tastes 1000x better! This has to be one of my FAVORITES and if you’ve been looking for an easy Apple Pie Filling recipe.. you’ve found it!!
This recipe makes 1 can of apple pie filling and takes just about 10 minutes. It’s much better than the store bought and quick and easy! Choose a variety of apples that holds up well to cooking such as Granny Smith! We love this on it’s own or served over ice cream but this easy apple pie filling works perfectly in the recipes below!
- 4 medium apples
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Melt butter and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in apples, sugar & 3 tablespoons water.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until very slightly softened.
- In a small dish combine cornstarch and water. Add to pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are soft (not mushy) and filling is thickened. Let bubble 1 minute. Cool.
I’ve tried many apple pie filling recipes… and this is definitely one of our favorites! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!