Hot Cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Dip
How to Make Hot Cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Dip
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is the BEST dip ever! I literally could’ve (and almost did!) eaten the whole recipe!! You need to know, I have never been to Philadelphia or anywhere near it and I have never eaten an authentic Philly Cheesesteak (except at the mall). This dip is a fun twist on an old classic. The only thing better than a good cheesesteak is a good cheesesteak dip!
This recipe is one that you have to put on your MUST MAKE list… and once you try it once, it will be something you’ll want over and over! If you make this for a get together, be prepared to hand out the recipe. Everyone loves this dip! It’s especially good served with pita chips!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
* Roast Beef * Baking Sheet * Provolone Cheese *
Philly Cheesesteak Dip
This is the BEST dip ever! I literally could’ve (and almost did!) eaten the whole recipe!!
- 8 oz . cream cheese , softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 green pepper , diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 oz . deli roast beef , roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cups provolone cheese , grated & divided (can substitute with mozzarella if preferred)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss onions with brown sugar. Combine onion & butter in a pan over low heat. Cook on low heat allowing to caramelize until soft and golden (about 15 minutes, you can keep busy prepping the other items while you wait).
- Remove onions from the pan and chop coarsely. Place the diced pepper & garlic in the same pan on medium heat. Cook 2-3 minutes or just until slightly softened.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, caramelized onions, green peppers, roast beef, 2 cups of cheese. Place into a greased oven proof pan. Top with remaining cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with bread, sliced hoagie rolls or tortilla chips.