Love it? Pin it (just click the photo above)!
Be sure to follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The marriage of peanut butter and chocolate is just a match made in heaven as far as I’m concerned… so when it’s peanut butter oreo, it’s off the charts in my books! This is a very simple recipe that comes together in just 20 minutes and no baking is required!
The result is an unbelievably rich and decadent dessert that tastes like you spent the day in the kitchen!
- 2 Packages of Oreo Cookies
- 2 Cups Milk
- Chocolate Syurp (to drizzle)
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 package (8 Ounce) Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 package (8 Ounce) Cool Whip, Thawed
- With an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, ¼ cup of milk and peanut butter
- Add Powdered Sugar and mix until blended and then beat until smooth
- Add cool whip and mix on low just until mixed
- Pour milk into a bowl
- Dip Oreo cookies into the milk for about 2-3 seconds on each side. You want them wet but not falling apart.
- Line the bottom of a 9x9 pan with "milk soaked Oreos". I did have to break some of the cookies in half to fit to the edge
- Top with ½ of the Peanut Butter Cream
- Repeat one more layer of cookies and Peanut butter cream
- Cover with plastic wrap (I stick toothpicks in the cake before putting on the wrap so it doesn't stick to the cake)
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is best)
- Drizzle with Chocolate Syrup and serve with a glass of milk
This recipe was inspired by Kraft’s Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie and my mom’s amazing wafer icebox cake!