Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to save it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is an easy one pan recipe that everyone loves! We have served this Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes with a side of steamed veggies or even put in on a hamburger bun for a messy sandwich which tastes amazing!
This recipe is a hit because it is simple for Mom to make, it pleases the crowd and if you are lucky enough to have any leftover after dinner you are guaranteed to have a lunch that will be thoroughly enjoyed the next day! The addition of mushrooms to this recipe makes my family very happy! We love mushrooms in a variety of dishes! The gravy is amazing too! This homemade recipe is a great dish to make for comfort food, or just a dinner that everyone will enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10½ ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ⅓ cup water
- Place butter in a frying pan with onions. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes ensuring onions don't brown. Add mushrooms and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a bowl combine beef, ¼ cup of the broth, egg, pepper and Panko bread crumbs. Mix well and form 6 patties.
- In another small bowl, combine remaining broth, flour, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder and water. Mix well.
- Remove mushrooms/onions from the pan. Place beef patties in the pan and brown on each side (about 2 minutes). Place onions/mushrooms on top of patties and pour broth mixture over top. Cover and let simmer 20 minutes or until done. Serve with mashed potatoes!