Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to save it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is an easy one pan recipe that everyone loves! We have served it on mashed potatoes with a side of steamed veggies or even put in on a hamburger bun for a messy sandwich which tastes amazing!
Serves: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 patty
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1¼ cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10½ ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ⅓ cup water
- Place butter in a frying pan with onions. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes ensuring onions don't brown. Add mushrooms and cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a bowl combine beef, ¼ cup of the broth, egg, pepper and Panko bread crumbs. Mix well and form 6 patties.
- In another small bowl, combine remaining broth, flour, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder and water. Mix well.
- Remove mushrooms/onions from the pan. Place beef patties in the pan and brown on each side (about 2 minutes). Place onions/mushrooms on top of patties and pour broth mixture over top. Cover and let simmer 20 minutes or until done. Serve with mashed potatoes!