Mexican Corn Dip
This hot Mexican corn dip is creamy, cheesy and loaded with corn and colorful veggies. The perfect make-ahead dip for any party!
How to Make Mexican Corn Dip
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
There’s nothing like a hot and cheesy dip to get a party started! Mexican street corn is just so crazy good so using those same delicious flavors to create this Mexican corn dip makes a unique offering that’s sure to get rave reviews. How can you go wrong with corn, bacon, veggies and plenty of melted cheese?!
The base of this dip is a mixture of cream cheese and sour cream. The cream cheese should be very soft so that it can be whisked together with the sour cream. You could also use a mixer if you prefer, but in this case it’s not critical that the cream cheese be completely smooth since it will melt when it goes into the oven. A mixture of corn, bacon, bell peppers, chilies, spices, cheddar cheese and cilantro get folded into the creamy base. This dip is fairly mild, but if you prefer heat, use a can of diced jalapenos instead of the green chilies. The mixture gets spooned into a baking dish, topped with more cheese, then baked until piping hot. You can store the uncooked dip in the fridge for up to 24 hours before you plan to bake it, which is super convenient for parties.
I like to garnish this Mexican corn dip with a combination of corn, diced bell peppers, crumbled bacon and chopped cilantro. It gives people a hint as to what is hiding under that layer of cheese! I often make this dip with thawed frozen corn just because it’s convenient and always available. You could also use canned corn, or if corn is in season, try fresh corn for an extra special treat.
I serve this Mexican corn dip with a big pile of tortilla chips or with Fritos. Your guests are sure to ask you for the recipe after they try this cheesy delight!
Mexican Corn Dip
This Mexican corn dip is creamy, cheesy and loaded with corn and colorful veggies. The perfect make-ahead dip for any party!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 4.5 ounce can diced mild green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
- Cooking spray
For garnish (optional):
- Additional corn kernels, crumbled bacon, diced red peppers and cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking dish (4 cup or larger) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese until mostly smooth. Add the sour cream and mix together until combined.
- Add the corn, red bell pepper, chilies, bacon, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the shredded cheese to the bowl.
- Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the dip into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish with additional corn, peppers, bacon and cilantro if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Dip can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance and then baked just before serving.