Ginger Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
These Ginger Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders are easy to make from scratch and definitely a family favorite! Tender filets of chicken are double dipped in a Panko flour mixture, cooked until crisp and tossed in a delicious homemade honey garlic sauce.
How to Make Ginger Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I was making dinner for my daughter … and asked her if she wanted “those wings“.. (the Honey Garlic wings she loves so much) or if she wanted chicken fingers! She asked if I could put her “wing sauce” on her chicken fingers… I have no idea why I didn’t think of this before!
I’d seen amazing Double Crunch Honey Garlic Chicken over at Rock Recipes before and thought it would be delicious (in fact, Barry has an amazing Honey Garlic Crunch Pork Chop Recipe you must check out while you’re there too)!
I combined our favorite gingered Honey Garlic Sauce and our favorite chicken finger recipe and it worked brilliantly!
Homemade honey garlic sauce is really easy to make and tastes so much better than store bought! Be sure that you don’t boil your sauce down too much or it will be too thick to toss with the chicken tenders.
What really makes this sauce stand out is the addition of freshly grated ginger. It adds a warm spice and delicious flavor that really makes this sauce irresistible. If you’ve never bought fresh ginger, it’s really inexpensive and adds such amazing flavor to any recipe!
I buy a knob of ginger and use what I need and store the remainder in the freezer. When a recipe calls for fresh ginger, I take it right out of the freezer and grate it on a cheese grater right from frozen to use in recipes (and I don’t bother to peel it first).
I know we’ve always been told not to double dip but you’re definitely going to want to make an exception in this case! The tender chicken filets in this recipe are double dipped in a seasoned flour and Panko crumb base. The chicken tenders are then fried to perfection and tossed in that glorious ginger honey garlic sauce.
The result is a crunchy, sweet, sticky and totally irresistible chicken tender!
Ginger Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts , sliced into 5-6 slices each
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- oil for frying
- green onions
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes
- In a bowl combine flour, Panko bread crumbs, and seasonings. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, 3 tablespoon water and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
- Working with half of the flour mixture at a time (see note below) dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then the flour. Dip it into the egg a second time and then the flour again to double coat it. Gently press the flour into the chicken. Shake off any excess. Place on a wire rack and continue until all chicken is coated.
- Fry chicken in small batches until crispy and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place cooked chicken in a large bowl, pour warm sauce over and toss well to coat.
- Top with green onions if desired and serve immediately.
When working with the flour mixture, I found working with just half at a time worked best. This kept the flour from getting clumped or wet.