Easy 4 Ingredient Rum Balls
These easy Rum balls are the best way to spread holiday cheer to your grown up friends and family! With only 4 ingredients (plus sprinkles) and no baking required, these decadent truffle-like, treats pack a punch that makes the cookie tray season just a little bit brighter!
Easy 4 Ingredient Rum Balls
Pin it to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
It wouldn’t be the holiday season without one delectable treat in my family; making and eating these truffle-like Rum Balls. This treat is most definitely a tradition that I can’t help but look forward to. My Grandma made legendary rum balls, known far and wide by everyone that loved her.
Not only are these easy to make with just 4 ingredients (plus sprinkles) but they’re so good and last for a couple of weeks in the fridge making them the perfect make-ahead treat.
When making Rum Balls for the holidays, here are a few tricks to make them taste almost as good as my grandma’s (the only thing that is missing is the love she poured into hers, making them extraordinary).
- Dark Rum is best for this recipe, it adds a fantastic flavor dimension to these yummy bites.
- Make sure you crush the ingredients before measuring for accuracy
- You want your nuts chopped or processed so you still have a few little chunks. You don’t want them too fine.
- You can substitute the rum for 1 tsp extract to make them alcohol-free and suitable for sharing with the younger generation (add extra cream if needed)
Once you combine all of the ingredients, you’ll want to make sure they form a ball that holds its shape and isn’t too soft. If you find your mixture to be very soft, crush a few more cookies and stir them in.
While we’ve always had them dipped in chocolate sprinkles, you can dip them in anything you like from coconut or cocoa powder to sprinkles or chopped chocolate. Don’t skip the 2 days of sitting, it adds a lot of extra flavor to these!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 3 cups crushed Oreos (whole cookies including the middles)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup dark rum
- chocolate sprinkles
- cocoa powder
- chopped nuts
Combine crushed Oreos, walnuts, cream in a medium bowl and mix well.
Add rum starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if needed to create a consistency that holds its shape when rolled. (If you add too much and they are too soft, add in more cookie crumbs to get desired consistency, note that the crumbs do soak up the liquids as they sit).
Using a small scoop (or melon baller) scoop dough and roll into balls.
Roll in sprinkles. Refrigerate 2 days before serving.
Recipe NotesCrush your cookies and chop your walnuts before measuring to get the best consistency.
More Recipes That You’ll Love