Love it? Pin it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cinnamon rolls and pancakes are two of our favorite breakfast treats around here… ! Well Recipe Girl came up with a way to combine the two that I was just DYING to try!! I’m telling you, she is a pure genius!
When you make the pancakes, be sure not to over-stir the batter, this will make chewy pancakes instead of light and fluffy pancakes. The cinnamon swirl sort of melts into the batter and of caramelizes on the bottom will create beautiful little craters of cinnamon-y deliciousness! Oh… and the frosting in this recipe is literally over the top!
Adapted from Recipe Girl
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. (Batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Combine all swirl ingredients in a small ziploc bag. Snip off the corner.
- Mix cream cheese & butter with a mixer on high until fluffy. Add in confectioners’ sugar 1/4 cup at a time until mixed in. Add in remaining ingredients. Refrigerateuntil serving.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle to medium. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Once bubbles start to form, gently squeeze a swirl of the sugar mixture into each pancake. Once the bubbles on the top side begin to pop, flip pancakes and cook an additional minute or two.
- Top with frosting and serve warm.