Best Ever Cream Cheese Frosting
Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I absolutely love Cream Cheese frosting.. it’s completely perfect on carrot cake or banana bread or a spoon.
This is literally the Best Ever Cream Cheese Frosting… so smooth and creamy. Adding of just a touch of lemon juice makes this recipe amazing. If you don’t have lemon juice (or you prefer a more classic flavor) vanilla in place of the lemon juice is equally wonderful. Either way, get a spoon ready because you’re going to want to dig into this!
This frosting will hold it’s shape well on cupcakes, just be sure not to use light or spreadable cream cheese, they don’t produce the same results.
Items you’ll need for this recipe
Serves: 2½ cups
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or vanilla)
- Combine cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in remaining ingredients and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Store in the refrigerator.