©Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com
Fresh Watermelon Mojitos
Pin it to your DRINKS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I am not quite ready for summer to be over yet. I know its coming but I’m going to squeeze every last little bit of summer I can before fall arrives!
We love to have friends and neighbors over for cocktails on the deck. I am kind of known in our neighborhood for having the best Classic Mojitos in town. Thankfully I have a garden that is overtaken by fresh mint… In fact, I make so many mojiots that I bought myself and electric lime juicer (best invention ever by the way)!!
We were having a bbq with friends and I was slicing up a watermelon and thought it would be delicious in our drinks. I was right! I like to drain the pulp from the blended watermelon but if you prefer you can leave it. Your drink won’t be as clear and it will be a little thicker but still delicious!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 50 fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice (approx. 5 limes)
- 1 cup white rum
- Blend watermelon in the blender until pureed. Strain to remove some of the pulp (optional). Measure out 2 cups of the strained watermelon juice.
- Place fresh mint in the bottom of a large pitcher. Add a little bit of the watermelon juice and muddle to release the flavors of the mint.
- Add remaining watermelon juice, fresh lime juice, ⅔ cup simple syrup and rum. Fill the entire pitcher with ice. Top with soda.
- Adjust sweetness with additional simple syrup if desired. Garnish with additional lime, mint and watermelon slices.
- Serve immediately.