Hawaiian Pasta Salad
Pin it to SHARE IT and SAVE IT for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
If you are looking for something amazing for your next gathering this is it! This is literally one of the most delicious cold pasta salad recipes I have ever had!
Pasta combined with ham and sweet pineapple is the perfect combination! I’ve added defrosted frozen peas to this recipe as well and they’re delicious! The homemade dressing for this pasta salad is out of this world… you may have a little extra left over and if you do, it’s amazing on any green or spinach salad as well! It will keep in the fridge about 4 days.
This makes a great side dish or even an summer main dish! I sometimes make a big pasta salad on Sundays and the kids take in their lunches throughout the week. Makes for a wonderful lunch and it’s easy! (Note: This recipe is not the same as a Macaroni Salad found on a typical Hawaiian Plate Lunch… which is usually just a combination of mayo & macaroni.)
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Serves: 8 servings
- 8 oz rotini or bow tie pasta
- 1 (14oz) can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise or dressing (I use Hellmann's light)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl gently toss with dressing. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Store refrigerated up to 5 days.