Pin it to your DESSERT BOARD to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Whether you are looking at adding something special to a salad or want something a little indulgent on a bowl of ice cream, candied pecans are definitely what you are looking for! Just the right combination of sweet and crunchy, Candied Pecans are perfect for so many dishes!
I love all kinds of nuts, but pecans have to be my absolute favorite! Not as bitter as walnuts and more robust than almonds, they are the perfect for baking and cooking! Coating with the sweet and salty goodness just elevates one of nature’s perfect creations!
Nutritionally, the pecan is packed with goodness. Did you know it is an antioxidant? It has several vitamins and minerals including calcium, magnesium, Vitamin A and Vitamin E. Did you know it was also high in fibre as well as a good source of protein? Pecans have very little saturated fat, therefore they are a heart-healthy option and they also can play a role in lowering cholesterol. In short, pecans make a healthy addition to your diet!
So the pecan is a nutritional powerhouse, where can I add Candied Pecans to my diet? Some ideas are:
- Add them to salads such as my Strawberry Spinach Salad for a delicious sweet and salty crunch.
- I love to top a bowl of ice cream as a delicious treat!
- Grind them up and use as a coating for chicken breast.
- Satisfy your afternoon craving for something sweet by adding chopped candied pecans to a bowl of yogurt or fruit.
- They are delicious combined with cottage cheese for a protein packed, low fat snack!
- Add them to dried fruit for a super trail mix.
- Or just grab a handful all by themselves for a quick satisfying snack.
I love to stock my pantry and freezer with items that I love and are useful too. These Candied Pecans definitely fit this description! So versatile, tasty, nutritious and absolutely delicious, you should never be without these tasty nuggets in your home either!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 lb pecan halves
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
In a small bowl combine the first 3 ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the water with the egg white until airy and light.
Add the pecan halves to the egg mixture. Stir to coat.
Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans. Mix together evenly.
Spread evenly onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for about 40 minutes, until pecans are browned and the sugar has caramelized. Be sure to stir the pecans regularly as they cook.
More Recipes You Will Love