These each Almond Coconut Macaroons take only minutes to make and are one of our all time favorites! Serve them at a party and watch them disappear!
Almond Coconut Macaroons
Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I had these Almond Coconut Macaroons at a party over the holidays and have been making them ever since. Trish from Mom on Time Out has an amazing Almond Joy Cookies recipe which is both delicious and simple and I’ve been swooning over them for months.
These cookies are essentially a coconut macaroon that’s loaded with chopped almonds and chocolate chips. Add a drizzle of chocolate over the top and a whole almond, and you’ve got a cookie that’s as pretty as it is delicious.
You’ll need a bag of flaked coconut, a can of sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and almonds for this recipe. The ingredients are simply combined in a bowl and then spooned onto a baking sheet. The batter may look like it’s not going to hold its shape which is normal. Simply wet your fingertips, firmly press the spoonfuls of batter into a cookie shape, and the cookies will hold together.
You can make these cookies bigger or smaller than indicated; I typically use 2 tablespoons of batter, but sometimes I increase it to 1/4 cup for larger cookie and add about 4 minutes to the baking time. After the cookies are cooled, it’s time to decorate them. I melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle them over the top, then add an almond, just like the candy bar! You can use milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips in this recipe. I tend to use semisweet chocolate chips because I feel like the darker chocolate works best with the sweet coconut.
These cookies keep well and can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days – that is, if they last that long! These macaroons most definitely don’t last that long at my house.
Cooconut cookies are perfect for when you’re craving something a little sweet, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, They’re elegant enough for a party, great for a bake sale and they make a fantastic after school snack. Regardless of how you serve them up, these cookies will be a hit!
Almond Coconut Macaroons
- 1 14- ounce bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips , divided use (can use semisweet or milk chocolate)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds , plus 30 whole almonds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut, condensed milk, 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup chopped almonds. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of the dough onto the sheet pan approximately 1 1/2 inches apart. Wet your fingers and firmly pat the dough into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle approximately 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate over the top of each cookie. Place an almond into the center of each cookie on top of the melted chocolate.
- Let the chocolate harden then serve, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Buckeye Peanut Butter Balls