Love it? Pin it! (Just click the photo)
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest fore more great recipes!
Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing & Dip… This is an absolutely delicious and fresh tasting Ranch Dressing. I literally could eat this like yogurt it is that good! My 9 year old eats this with a spoon!!
We go through a lot of ranch dressing in our house! My kids like to use it for dipping everything from veggies to pizza crust. Traditional store bought ranch dressing has MSG and a lot of other ingredients that I can neither spell nor pronounce!
This version of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is filled with fresh herbs and real buttermilk making for an amazing dressing! The best part is that it is relatively light when you use reduced fat products! If you can, fresh herbs taste best but if you don’t have them, you can use dried in a pinch (cut the quantity in half).
I’ve also taken this basic recipe and created a dry Ranch Dressing Mix version! The dry version is perfect for recipes calling for a packet of Ranch Dressing Mix.
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise (I use low fat)
- ⅔ cup sour cream (I use low fat)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Reduce buttermilk to ¾c to make ranch dip. Keeps 1 week in the fridge.