In this FREE Craftsy mini-class, Joshua John Russell returns with a fresh take on the oldest trick in the pastry book: buttercream frosting.
You’ll learn trade secrets for a smooth or textured buttercream finish … in any weather. If you’re a brand-new baker, Josh will teach you how to cut, level, fill and crumbcoat your layers like a professional, then add simple fondant and piped accents!
Make your cakes look as amazing as they taste!
What You’ll Learn in Modern Buttercream
- Make Swiss buttercream with confidence in any climate
- Cut, level and fill cake layers, then apply a flawless crumb coat
- Create a smooth or textured effect on the final layer of frosting
- Add fondant embellishments and simple piping details to finish
To find this FREE class, here’s what you need to do:
- Head over to Craftsy and sign in/up (it’s free)
- After you’re registered, click the “Online Classes” tab
- Scroll down until you find the Buttercream class (image shown to the right)
- Click the orange “Enroll Now” button
- That’s it! You can then watch the video lessons on your own time.